David Bowie unveils theme song for new TV series 'The Last Panthers'
David Bowie has recorded new original music for an upcoming TV series, with the theme song now airing online.
Bowie has provided the title-track for The Last Panthers, a six-part crime thriller co-produced by Sky and France's Canal+.
The song will serve as the show's theme music, soundtracking the opening credits of each episode. Listen in the video below.
Director Johan Renck said of Bowie's contribution, "I was looking for one of the icons of my youth to write the music for the title sequence, but was presented with a God. [Bowie's] first response was precise, engaged and curious."
"The piece of music he laid before us embodied every aspect of our characters and the series itself - dark, brooding, beautiful and sentimental (in the best possible incarnation of this word). All along, the man inspired and intrigued me and as the process passed, I was overwhelmed with his generosity. I still can't fathom what actually happened..."
It is Bowie's first contribution of original music for film or television in 20 years, since he recorded 'I'm Afraid Of Americans' for 1995 film Showgirls.
The Last Panthers will star Samantha Morton and John Hurt among others and will air this autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment