Ellie Goulding blames sound guy as she denies accusations of lip-synching


Ellie Goulding has denied that she was miming during her recent pre-show performance at an Australian football game.

The English singer appeared at the AFL Grand Final as the Hawthorn Hawks defeated the West Coast Eagles in Melbourne.

Video footage has surfaced of Goulding's performance at the game in which she appears motionless, with the microphone at her side, as a backing track plays over the speakers. Watch the incident below.


A statement from the promoters denied that Goulding lip-synched, instead suggesting that a backing track was played too early: ?"Ellie performed live vocals to a backing track. This is a very common practice for performances in situations such as the Grand Final."

"Unfortunately a technical issue at the start of Ellie's performance caused a brief hiccup but Ellie went on to prove just how much of a superstar she is, belting out two of her massive hits. Claims that Ellie lip synced her performance are absolutely untrue".

Goulding has since taken to Twitter to address the matter, writing: "Love it when people think I lip sync, what a rad compliment... I give 100% in my performances even when people don't give much back. My fans know that. That's because I love what I do so much".

She added: "Incidentally the sound guy who pressed playback twice and triggered both band tracks simultaneously is nowhere to be seen..."

No comments:

Post a Comment