Drake brings out Future during Austin City Limits headline set


Drake was joined by special guest Future as he brought the second day of weekend one of Austin City Limits 2015 to a close. 

Towards the end of the Toronto rapper's set, he was joined by the Atlanta MC, who he recently collaborated with on the album 'What A Time To Be Alive'. Together, the pair ran through Future's own 'Fuck Up Some Commas', 'Trap Niggas' and 'Jordan Diddy', as well as Drake and Future's 'Big Rings'. 


Earlier in the set, Drake covered Fetty Wap ('My Way'), Nicki Minaj ('Truffle Butter') and ILOVEMAKONNEN's 'Club Goin' Up (Tuesday)'. "There's no love like Texas love," he told the audience before 'Hotline Bling', having previously called the state his "second home". "I know this is about to be a special one," he said as the set was starting. 

After Future had left the stage, Drake launched into one of his recent Meek Mill diss tracks 'Back To Back', before performing 'Energy' and a reprise of opener 'Legend'. "They're telling me I got to leave the stage," he announced before heading side of stage. The break was brief though and he soon returned to close on 'Know Yourself'. "I wrote this song for my town," he said as it started. Behind him pyrotechnics flared, at one point spelling out OVO, the name of Drake's label, and fireworks shot up from the back of the stage and into the sky. 

"I'm going back to where I came from to finish my next album 'Views [From The Six]'," he told the crowd by way of goodbye, before turning to his manager and tour manager and saying, "You've got to promise me that when the new album's done one of the first shows will be in Austin."

No comments:

Post a Comment